Different parts of the body age at different rates. For many, the face ages much faster than the heart, making us look older than we feel.
Faces age with each afternoon in the sun, every funny sitcom and naturally as the collagen fades over time.
This leads to a flattening of cheeks that causes wrinkles and sagging skin. Juvéderm™ Voluma® restores a youthful appearance by restoring volume and shape to the cheeks.
Learn more about this FDA-approved procedure by reviewing the Voluma facts, before-and-after photos and frequently asked questions.
- Only approved filler to temporarily correct age-related volume loss in cheeks
- First introduced in Europe in 2005
- Introduced with lidocaine in 2009
- Available in 72 countries as of August 2013
- Approved by the FDA on October 23, 2013
- A non-surgical option for facial rejuvenation
- Requires much less recovery time than surgical options
- Contains a modified form of hyaluronic acid, which is already found in the body
- Lidocaine is used to numb the treatment area during the injection procedure
- Gel is injected to provide volume in the cheeks
- Lasts up to two years
Juvéderm Voluma Before and After Photos
Juvéderm Voluma Side Effects
- Swelling and tenderness near the points of injection
- Firmness or lumps to the touch
- Redness, discoloration or bruising
Your expert injector will offer individual recommendations to reduce the likelihood of side effects, which might include avoiding makeup, prolonged exposure to sun or extremely warm places, like saunas or steam rooms. For more information about side effects, please consult your provider.
Difference between Voluma and Botox
Botox and Voluma are different products that are designed to treat different cosmetic goals. Botox injection treatments reduce wrinkles by creating smoother skin. Specifically, Botox targets frown lines, brow furrows, crow’s feet and bunny lines around the nose. Botox and Voluma can be used together for a younger appearance by reducing wrinkles and adding volume to the face.
Other Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Facial Procedures
- Thermage Skin Tightening
- Ultherapy Skin Tightening
- Dermal Fillers
- Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Chemical Peel