Some adults live with the scars from having acne long ago, and some adults still have acne flare ups, from the occasional pimple to persistent acne. If you are tired of dealing with breakouts, you may be wondering what you can do about acne and if it may be time to get help from a professional. Read on for how the pros at The Skin Center can treat your acne!
It may be time to get help if….
There are a few signs to look out for telling you that it may be time to head to your favorite medical spa. Make an appointment if
1. Your acne doesn’t respond to any of those over-the-counter treatments you have been trying. In fact, your acne only seems to be getting worse.
2. You have discovered that over-the-counter creams and cleansers dry out or irritate your skin or even cause a rash.
3. You have acne scars left over from when you were younger and you are tired of feeling self-conscious about them (they won’t go away on their own).
4. Your acne is painful, red, inflamed, and large. This may be cystic acne, which can leave scars.
5. You are constantly worried about your acne and it is starting to affect your self-esteem.
What can the staff at a medical spa do about acne?
There are many different techniques to deal with acne and acne scars. These include chemical peels, microdermabrasion (and DermaSweep MicroDermabrasian to help with active acne), hydrafacials, and microneedling. These treatments can make scars fade, thoroughly clean out pores and remove impurities, and give skin a refreshed, youthful tone and texture. They don’t just help with acne, though – you may see some other benefits as well, such as a reduction of wrinkles, a better complexion overall, and softer skin. These treatments don’t take long but can give stunning results.
You don’t have to live with acne and acne scars from long ago. A skin care treatment from The Skin Center can give you a healthy, beautiful, acne- and scar-free complexion. Call the Pittsburgh, PA, or Columbus, OH, office for an appointment. Call (412) 429-1151 today!