Sun Damage Effects from Summer—Undone!
Sun damage or excessive sun exposure is responsible for most of the sun damage that results in aging skin.
Anti aging skin care begins with an understanding that UV radiation actually alters your skin’s DNA, causing wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, textural changes, broken capillaries and yes, even skin cancer.
The unfortunate fact is that sun damage is a cumulative process.
It started when you were a child and continues to build up over the years. Every unprotected minute―walking, gardening or attending a ball game―adds up to more fine lines, age spots and wrinkles. Some of this damage can be visible immediately, especially in the fall as your summer tan fades away. The damage that you don’t see will surface later as collagen structures are weakened.
As time marches on, what was once a cute, connect-the-dots “freckle face” could later look more like a constellation of stars. (If you’ve ever had a VISIA screening, you know what we’re talking about.) Even if you’ve been applying sunscreen faithfully for the past few years, you could still have UV damage left over from your fun-in-the-sun childhood days. Chances are, it will show up sooner or later.
Not to worry―your youthful radiance is not lost forever!
Fall is the perfect time to address the tell-tale signs of too much sun. There are highly effective products and facial rejuvenation treatments available at The Skin Center to restore your skin back to a youthful, healthy glow.
TIPS TO REMEDY SUN DAMAGE
1. Protect Yourself – Stop the sun damage process in its tracks! Protect yourself from now on by adding a quality moisturizer with sunscreen (SPF value of 15 or higher) and a dose of powerful antioxidants to your morning cleansing regimen―year round.
• Revision® Skincare’s Intellishade® SPF45 Tinted Moisturizer offers healthy-looking coverage that matches every skin tone. It’s packed with a unique blend of antioxidants and anti-aging peptides that improve skin elasticity and firmness. It also guards against free radical damage that causes wrinkles and skin cancer with maximum UVA and UVB broad spectrum sun protection.
• SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Gel gives you a powerful antioxidant trio with 2% Phloretin, 10% Vitamin C and 0.5% Ferulic Acid. Used daily, this easily-absorbed, serum-in-a-gel prevents premature signs of aging, accelerates cell turnover and corrects existing age spots and skin laxity. It provides eight times the skin’s natural environmental protection and actually reduces damaged sunburn cells by 97% compared to a single antioxidant treatment.
2. Exfoliate Properly – One of the best ways to restore your skin’s luster is to use a chemical exfoliant rather than a granulated cleanser. Also, treat your skin to a series of light chemical peels to thoroughly exfoliate damaged layers of your skin.
• VIVITÉ® Exfoliating Facial Cleanser contains a 15% glycolic acid compound to dissolve dead skin cells, revealing a healthier even skin tone while it preps your skin for optimal absorption of topical creams and moisturizers.
• V.I. Peel™ Chemical Facial Peel significantly improves skin tone, texture and clarity of sun-damaged skin while increasing collagen production.
3. Remove Hyperpigmentation – You can reduce or eliminate brown spots, age spots and freckles with skin bleach that regulates your body’s irregular production of melanin.
• 4-5% Hydroquinone Lightening Cream is specially formulated to reduced freckling and hyperpigmentation caused by the sun. Use daily for 6 months for best results.
• iS Clinical® White Lightening™ Serum is a non-peeling skin-brightener that fades spots and acne scars by inhibiting the production of melanin.
• Broadband Light Treatment uses broadband light energy to treat upper layers of the skin. Age spots, freckles and pigmented areas will darken and flake off after a week or so. Once skin has completely exfoliated, it will be softer, brighter and smoother with smaller pores, fewer lines and dark spots.
• Intense Pulse Light Treatment uses pulsed light energy to bypass the outer-most layer of the skin. Irregular pigments are absorbed by the light, revealing a more even youthful skin tone with each treatment.
4. Retin-A, Retin-A, Retin-A - We never tire of recommending prescription-grade Retin-A as a continued course of treatment for all things aging about your skin. Retin-A has proven to be the most well-rounded multi-tasking treatment for fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone and texture.
FIND OUT WHICH PRODUCTS AND TREATMENTS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU.
Get started on your own customized Sun Damage Control Program today! Call us at 1-800-428-1151 for a complimentary skin consultation.