KYBELLA: Bye, Bye Double Chin…
Have you ever met a person—man or woman—who had a love affair with their double chin? Was he or she totally enamored by the photographs that showed off a second chin where there shouldn’t be one?
Did that guy or gal take copious selfies to reveal their excess chin girth—all loud and proud—to share with friends and family on Facebook or Instagram as if to say: “Check out my chin—more is better, am I right?”
No. No. No. Can we all just agree that in the age of selfies and social media the double chin isn’t much of an asset no matter your age or gender? Yet, despite 2014 survey results from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDC) which indicate that over two-thirds of consumers are bothered by their double chins, the feature has historically been an undertreated facial aesthetic condition.
KYBELLA: FDA-Approved—Because Some Parts of Us Aren’t the Best Part of Us.
Can you imagine getting an injection or a series of injections in your excess chin fat that would literally make that fat dissolve? Imagine it! The breakthrough is compliments of KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (pending acquisition by Allergan Aesthetics, Inc.), and a product called KYBELLA®.
KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of fullness due to submental fat. According to the makers of KYBELLA, the product is “indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults.”
They make no mention of the need for any chin aerobics or calisthenics, dieting or surgery—because all that’s required are a few simple injections under the chin! Few things in life are easy—this might be one of them.
KYBELLA: Just the Facts:
KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA contains a non-human, non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- KYBELLA is administered by a trained healthcare professional using injections into the fat under the chin.
- Each in-office KYBELLA treatment session typically takes 15-20 minutes.
- Treatment with KYBELLA is customized by providers to address each patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile. KYBELLA cost varies based on each individual’s treatment needs.
- Many patients experience visible results with two to four KYBELLA treatment sessions spaced at least one month apart. Up to a total of six KYBELLA treatments may be administered.
- Once the desired aesthetic outcome is achieved, the need for KYBELLA re-treatment is not expected, as KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- For most patients, downtime following a treatment session with KYBELLA is minimal.
KYBELLA: For Me, for You, for Guys in Suits…for Everyone.
According to an article in July’s New York Post, guys in suits are lining up to treat their double chins. And it makes sense: wearing a necktie isn’t much fun to begin with, but being choked by one thanks to your double chin—well that just adds insult to injury!
KYBELLA is bringing professional men who loathe their double chins out of the woodwork—and why not? Men are just as likely as women to be genetically predisposed to a chin that causes them to feel insecure and self-conscious. Cosmetic treatments, including KYBELLA, aren’t just for women.
KYBELLA at The Skin Center Medical Spa—NOW!
The Skin Center’s expert injectors are gearing up to administer KYBELLA to non-double-chin-loving patients in Pittsburgh and Columbus. We’re scheduling consultations with potential candidates right now!
Our highly-trained, seasoned RN injectors are the only experts in the area in whom you should put your trust for this treatment. This is your face folks—don’t let just anyone with a syringe and a promise anywhere close to it.
Our medical professionals are the best and most experienced you’ll find in the region; many of whom are national trainers for Allergan—meaning they train other injectors on the best practices and procedures for the use of injectables like KYBELLA.
Yes, this is a simple injection, but that doesn’t mean your dentist, best friend’s neighbor or gynecologist has been trained the way one should be trained to administer it safely and effectively.
KYBELLA: If You’ve Always Hated Your Double Chin—Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Let’s face it, there are parts of us we just don’t love and no amount of creative contouring can give us the improvement we are seeking. It’s also likely that while diet and exercise haven’t been able to touch your stubborn double chin, KYBELLA…can!
To learn more about KYBELLA and determine if you might be a candidate, please call The Skin Center today at 412-429-1151 to schedule a free consultation. All you have to lose is your double chin!