KYBELLA™ Facts & Photos
Submental fullness due to submental fat, often referred to as a “double chin,” is a common condition that affects men and women of all ages. The double chin can detract from an otherwise balanced facial appearance, causing an older, heavier look as well as less facial harmony and symmetry.
Genetics, aging and weight gain can play a role in submental fullness, which is often resistant to diet and exercise. The double chin has also historically been an undertreated facial aesthetic condition, despite 2014 survey results from the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDC), which indicate that over two-thirds of consumers are bothered by their double chins.
KYBELLA™ (deoxycholic acid) injections can help with double-chin removal. KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of fullness due to submental fat.
Learn more about double chin treatment by reviewing KYBELLA facts, before-and-after photos and frequently asked questions.
- KYBELLA is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA contains a non-human, non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- KYBELLA is administered by a trained healthcare professional using injections into the fat under the chin.
- Each in-office KYBELLA treatment session typically takes 15-20 minutes.
- Treatment with KYBELLA is customized by providers to address each patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile. KYBELLA cost varies based on each individual’s treatment needs.
- Many patients experience visible results with two to four KYBELLA treatment sessions spaced at least one month apart.
- Up to a total of six KYBELLA treatments may be administered.
- Once the aesthetic outcome is achieved, the need for KYBELLA re-treatment is not expected, as KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- KYBELLA as a non-surgical option for facial rejuvenation requires much less recovery time than surgical options.
- For most patients, downtime following a treatment session with KYBELLA is minimal.
KYBELLA Before & After Photos
KYBELLA Side Effects May Include:
- Pain, swelling, redness, bruising or numbness at injection site.
- Formation of small areas of firmness.
Most adverse KYBELLA reactions were mild or moderate and resolved without the need for medical intervention. Your expert injector will offer individual recommendations to reduce the likelihood of side effects, common reactions and downtime, which can vary from patient to patient.
Difference Between KYBELLA & Liposuction
To date, there have been no comparative studies between KYBELLA and liposuction, however, they are markedly different procedures.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia, an incision or incisions, stitches and downtime. KYBELLA is a non-invasive, non-surgical injection that typically requires minimal or no downtime.
Both procedures offer patients the potential for chin-profile improvement. Please consult your medical professional to determine the appropriate course of treatment to realize your unique facial aesthetic goals.
KYBELLA: Book Your Consultation NOW!
The Skin Center Medical Spa is currently scheduling KYBELLA consultations. Please call 412-429-1151 to schedule a consult with one of our expert providers to determine if you might be a candidate for KYBELLA.