Heather Densky, BSN, RN
Heather, a registered nurse, manages the Columbus vein treatment program; is one of our expert Botox® and dermal filler injectors and laser skin treatment specialists.
- Injectable Fillers
- Laser Hair Removal
- Vein Treatments
Joined The Skin Center
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Women’s Health Update 2015: Care of Postmenopausal Women
Skin Care Tip
My best advice it eat well to look well! The age old saying, “You are what you eat,” is true! Food is what fuels our body and ensures it is working as designed. Beauty and health radiates from the inside and out; thanks to a diet rick in colorful fruits and vegetables. Adding items such as salmon and walnuts will also ensure you receive the recommended daily allowance of essential fatty acids, which aids in decreasing inflammation and improving hydration – giving the skin a younger appearance.
Favorite Med Spa Treatment
Of course, being the vein nurse in Columbus, I can’t say enough good things about the vein procedures we offer. With the latest technology, Dr. Panayides and his team are making a huge impact on the lives of our patients by providing vein treatments that are not only effective in relieving heavy, aching legs, but are minimally invasive with little to no recovery time. Some of our patients even head straight to work after they leave our office. Gone are the days of anesthesia, hospital stays, and painful vein stripping. And most of our vein procedures are covered by insurance.
In my experience, when a person feels better they are more active, more social and, as a result, have a higher self-esteem.
- Prevention magazine (trending products, treatments, research, etc.)
- For product specific information, I enjoy searching the SkinMedica, Obagi, and Neocutis websites and reading patient testimonials.
- Coworkers. They are always knowledgeable about the latest products and treatments, including which options are best for each individual.
My Top 3 Client FAQs
- Will I be able to work after my procedure?
- How long will the procedure take?
- Can I still exercise?
My Favorite Client Transformation Stories
It isn’t uncommon to hear from our vein patients that they have rapid relief from painful leg symptoms, but sometimes we have a patient with remarkable results and we can’t help but celebrate! For example, one of our female clients told us at her follow-up that she had felt so amazing and had been so active after her procedure that she lost weight during the first week. She couldn’t have been happier or more pleased with her results.
I recently had the opportunity to speak with a female client who came to The Skin Center in hopes of finding a solution for her full beard. After several laser hair removal treatments her beard was almost completely gone. Her skin looked beautiful and her self-esteem skyrocketed. She was completely overcome by her results and said she wished she had known about this treatment years ago.
My Greatest Challenge
- Learning about all the skincare products and procedures The Skin Center has to offer and which services best fit the client.
- Convincing my vein patients not to drink caffeine prior to their procedure!
- Making the “perfect” schedule to ensure vein days run smoothly and as many appointment requests are accommodated as possible!
What I Love Most About My Work
I love working at The Skin Center and feel blessed to be surrounded by such kind and knowledgeable coworkers. As a nurse, I have the rare opportunity to work in an area of the medical field where clients choose to come under my care. I head to work each day knowing I have the honor of making someone feel beautiful, happy, and healthy. I can’t imagine a more wonderful job.