Silhouette Instalift® Pre & Post Treatment Instructions
- 10 Days prior to treatment avoid the following:
- Blood thinners: aspirin or any aspirin-containing products, anti-inflammatory analgesic drugs (NSAID’s - Aleve, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin)
- John's Wort
- Omega 3s
- Vitamin E, Biotin/Collagen, D3, B vitamins, turmeric
*It is required that you notify us prior to treatment if you take prescribed blood thinners*
- 2 Weeks prior to treatment avoid the following:
- Surgical procedures
- Routine procedures, including dental work
- Any skin infections at or around the treatment area
- If you are sick or just getting over an illness within two weeks before treatment, please call to reschedule your appointment
- Take extra-strength Tylenol for pain before treatment
- Take arnica, as needed before treatment, to help avoid bruising
What To Expect
After the InstaLift treatment it is very common to experience a slight edema, bruising, and a depression or skin irregularity at the insertion points. These typically subside a few days after treatment. A stinging or “pulling” sensation/discomfort is normal for up to 2-4 weeks post treatment. Please report any excessive pain, itching, blanching, or increased/sever redness/irritation to your medical provider by calling 1-800-429-1151.
- You may apply cold packs immediately after procedure (should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion points)
- Acetaminophen may be taken in case of pain (2-3 days). (Refrain from NSAIDS/ASA products)
- Avoid aspirin or any aspirin containing products, anti-inflammatory analgesic drugs (NSAID’s - Aleve, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin) for 2 weeks post treatment. NSAID’s can potentially suppress the new collagen formation process.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 weeks after treatment.
- When washing face (48 hours after treatment), use gentle upward feather strokes along with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer, and avoid bending over, glycolics, and retinol for at least 1 week post treatment.
- Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible. Make-up may be gently applied after a minimum of 24 hours.
- Sleep face-up, elevated on pillows for 3-5 days post treatment. (An airplane pillow can be used to help with this)
- Avoid excessive neck and facial movements for 2 weeks. (Cut food into small bite size portions)
- Minimize all activities for two weeks post treatment: bending, lifting, straining, stretching and no strenuous physical activity including weightlifting, HIIT, cardio, and running.
- If face feels tight, place wet wash cloth in refrigerator for 30 mins and gently apply over face, as needed for comfort, or for first 72 hours post procedure. Warm compresses, only with provider direction, after 1 week post treatment BID-TID for 2-3 times a day for 20 minute durations.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and UV light for 2 weeks.
- Avoid facial or face-down massage and facial aesthetic treatments for 4 weeks.
- Avoid radiofrequency (RF) or any heat producing device (laser/IPL) treatments of the area treated with threads for 10 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid dental work/cleaning for 1 month post treatment.
- Avoid hair appointments, including color/cut/etc.for 2 weeks post treatment.
- When styling your hair post treatment do not bend over for at least 1 week and refrain from pulling when brushing or scrubbing in the hair or hairline for up to 2 weeks.
- Avoid steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, or any water source that could be unclean or excessive in temperature for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Avoid a massage or manipulation of the tissue for 2 weeks post treatment.
- Aquaphor to insertion and exit points BID for 48 hours post treatment.
- Follow up appointments will be made 1 month and 3 months post treatment.