Pre Treatment Instructions
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid use of tretinoin (Retin A), glycolic acid, and salicylic acid 7 days prior to treatment.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil 3 days prior to treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid blood thinning agents such as Omega 3, fish oil, and Vitamin E 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories for 10 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid having laser or IPL treatments 2 weeks prior. If you have had other skin rejuvenation procedures in the past month, please discuss with your treatment provider beforehand. Procedures need to have adequate time spacing between them to avoid complications.
- If you have a history of cold sores, take Valtrex 500mg twice a day beginning the day before your treatment.
- If active acne breakout is present, please call the office to reschedule your treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions
- Skin may feel tight, dry and sensitive following treatment. Redness and mild swelling may last 1-3 days. Pinpoint bleeding may be present during the first 24 hours. If peeling appears on the skin, do not pick, scratch or scrub away flaking. Picking or scrubbing at the skin can lead to skin irritation and complications.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen Motrin or Advil for 1 week. Do not use ice, arnica or bromelain (found in pineapple). These agents may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Use post care products as directed.
- Microchannels from the treatment can remain open for 24 hours, therefore, SPF should not be used until 24 hours have passed from treatment time. Makeup can be used 48-72 hours after treatment. Apply and remove delicately.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat for 1 week following treatment. Skin will be more sensitive following treatment. Sun exposure can result in sunburn and pigment changes. Use caution when outdoors and always use SPF 30 or higher.
- Avoid hot water, swimming, hot tubs, jacuzzi, steam rooms, yoga, and exercise for 3 days following treatment. If irritation or sensitivity occurs with resumed activities, please discontinue and contact your treatment provider for further instructions.
- Use of tretinoin (Retin A), glycolic acid, and salicylic acid products may be resumed 7 days post treatment as long as skin is not irritated.
- It is recommended that you wait 10 days for waxing procedures.
- *In rare cases, side effects such as pain, itching, burning, oozing, or scabbing can occur. If you experience any of these side effects or have any questions, please call 1-800-429-1151 to speak with your treatment provider.
Expected Skin Reastions And Results
- 1-day post-treatment: Redness and transient edema, skin begins to turn to a condition similar to before treatment.
- 3 days – 1-week post-treatment: Brighter skin tone and significant reduction in sedum secretion in oily skin types.
- 1-month post-treatment: Improvement of fine wrinkles and skin laxity.
- 1-3 months post treatment: Continuous improvement of fine wrinkles, pores size, scars and skin laxity.
- Common expected skin reactions include erythema (redness), edema (swelling), transient pin-point bleeding, and very slight discomfort after treatment. Pin-point bleeding should stop within minutes after application, discomfort within a few hours and erythema and edema gradually diminishes to normal in one to three days.
- Crusting begins to appear one to two days after treatment and flakes off in three to five days.
- Other common skin reactions include petechia which will fade in a few days or bruising which can take up to a week to disappear.
- Other skin reactions include irritation, itching, and burning sensation. This typically subside in a few hours to one day but may get aggravated with heat or swelling.