Sclerotherapy Post Treatment Instructions
1. Walk as much as possible for the first several days immediately following your treatment. Stay active! The more you walk the better your legs will feel. Avoid strenuous activities, such as high impact aerobics, running, jumping, or lifting anything over 50 lbs for a few days.
2. No direct sun exposure to treated areas for 6 weeks or until hyperpigmentation resolves. If you are going to be outdoors in the sun, use a sunscreen with an SPF of 45 over the areas that have been injected. Avoid tanning beds for the entire duration of your treatment to prevent a permanent discoloration from occurring over treated areas.
3. Remove the compression bandages and compression hose the morning following your treatment. Wear your compression hose during the day for one week.
4. Take Tylenol or Motrin for any aching or discomfort that you may feel after treatment. If you are allergic to Tylenol, we will recommend an alternative
5. It is normal to see bruising and feel hard, lumpy, and tender areas on your legs. This means that the treatment worked and your veins are starting to sclerose. Remember, your legs will look worse before they look better.
6. Final results may take up to six months, and you will need more than one treatment.
7. Please remember to bring your compression stockings to each appointment. If you do not have compression stockings, they can purchased at any of our centers for $50.00.
Please call us with any questions or concerns regarding your treatment. 412-429-1151