ThermaCool™ Pre/Post Instructions
Prior to your appointment you must meet or speak with our certified ThermaCool, RN to discuss the following pre-treatment instructions and address any concerns or questions you may have.
- If possible, come to the office with clean face and neck, no makeup – especially mascara or moisturizers. Also please leave jewelry at home.
- Remove contact lenses prior to treatment.
- Schedule a post-treatment appointment 4 weeks after your treatment, before leaving the office. Make sure you have sunscreen.
- Your face maybe red for a short time after the procedure, however, you can wear makeup immediately after. A few days after the procedure, the treated area will feel tender while it heals.
- Bruising and scarring is extremely uncommon. On very rare occasions, blistering or temporary swelling may occur.
- Be gentle with the treated area – no rubbing, shaving, or scratching for 24 hours. Your skin may be delicate after treatment.
- Avoid intense sun or tanning beds for 1 week. We encourage you to wear Sunblock, (UVA/UVB Sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher), refrain from smoking, and use appropriate skincare products to help maintain skin firmness.
- Studies indicate improvement lasts at least 22 months. However, results can last for years, depending on your aging rate and how you take care of your skin. Be patient! In most patient’s results appear gradually in 2 to 5 months, although some patients have seen results in a few weeks.
- Please call our office to report any blisters, areas of skin crusting or unusual or prolonged redness.
If you have any questions or concerns, call The Skin Center at 1-800-429-1151.