Available In Pittsburgh, PA or Columbus, OH
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, can be performed on either the upper eyelid to remove excess skin and improve sagging or drooping eyelids or on the lower eyelid to eliminate bags under the eyes caused by fatty pouches and improve the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty):
- Removes Under Eye Bags
- Lifts Drooping Eyelids
- Brightens and Refreshes Eyes
- Improves Dark Circles Under the Eyes
The eyes are often the first part of the face to show the subtle signs of aging as puffy eyes, under eye bags, dark circles and fine lines and wrinkles become more prominent.
Blepharoplasty can be performed on both eyelids during the same surgery. When this is done many people refer to it as "double eyelid surgery". Eyelid surgery offers dramatic improvement to the overall appearance of the face, giving men and women a more rested, energetic and youthful eye area.
From Our Blog
- Brother and Sister See Beautiful Results After Blepharoplasty
- My Blepharoplasty Before and After, Post-Op Care & Results!
- Eyelid Surgery Update: Five Days Before Surgery
- Why I Chose Eyelid Surgery
- TIRED OF LOOKING TIRED: Why I’m Considering Eyelid Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the EyeQ® eye lift?
- EyeQ® eye lift is a scarless lower eye lift surgery that eliminates dark circles under the eyes, removes under eye bags and improves the overall appearance of the eye area. EyeQ eye lift and lower blepharoplasty surgery are interchangeable terms.
- How long do the results from blepharoplasty last?
- Blepharoplasty results are permanent, but it is important to remember that the aging process does continue. Over time the eye will show signs of aging, however the eyes will always look more youthful than they would if the surgery was never performed.
- Can both the upper and lower eyelid surgery be performed at the same time?
- Yes. Both the upper and lower eyelid surgery can be performed during the same surgery. Each eyelid surgery addresses different problem areas such as drooping upper eyelids (upper eyelid surgery) or removal of under eye fat pads (lower eyelid surgery). Eyelid surgery can be performed alone or in conjunction with other facial rejuvenation procedures.
- How long does it take to recover from eyelid surgery?
- Most people find that they are well enough to perform daily tasks about five to seven days following surgery and can return to work, depending on their occupation, in about ten days to two weeks following surgery.
- Are there risks associated with Cosmetic Surgery procedures?
- Men and women of all ages choose cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons and the process of deciding to have elective cosmetic plastic surgery is highly individualized and very personal. This decision can offer lasting improvement not only to an individual's physical appearance, but also to his or her self-confidence and self-esteem. However, choosing to have any type of elective surgery, including cosmetic surgery is not without risk and potential complications.