Broad Band Light (BBL) Pre/Post Instructions
PRE – BBL INSTRUCTIONS
- Use sunscreen and physical sun protection.
- Avoid extended sun exposure, i.e beach, travel to sunny locations, sunbathing, sports outdoors.
- Inform your provider is any physician has order Accutane for you in the past 6 months.
- Inform your provider of any medical conditions or medications you are taking that might sensitize you to light, affect wound healing or affect coagulation.
POST – BBL INSTRUCTIONS
- You may experience some redness in the treatment are that should resolve within a few hours.
- You may notice darkening of your pigmented spots, followed by fading and flaking off at a later stage.
- Cleanse the skin two times a day with plain, lukewarm water and gentle cleanser. Use your hands and fingertips to cleanse using gentle patting motions. DO NOT rub, scrub, use an exfoliant soap or skin care brush.
- Moisturizer should be applied generously with clean hands over treated area and reapplied whenever your skin feels dry.
- Sunscreen is a MUST and should be used daily beginning the day of treatment and used consistently. Use sunscreen with Broadband UVA and UVB protection and a SPF of at least 30. Ensure to reapply during sun exposure. DO NOT expose your skin to direct sun exposure for 14 days as the treated area is more prone to sunburn and pigmentation change.
- If the treated area is especially warm within the first 12 hours after treatment, a cold compress or ice pack can be used to provide comfort.
- If the skin appears red or swollen (sunburn sensation), an icepack can provider comfort, same as Vitamin E or Aloe Vera applied to the treatment area. In rare cases oral pain relievers such as Extra Strength Tylenol or Advil, can be used.
- Avoid the following:
- Strenuous exercise and sweating until after the skin has healed
- Too hot or too cold water
- Swimming pools and spas
If you have any questions or concerns, call The Skin Center at 1-800-429-1151.