You have probably noticed that what you eat can affect so much – your weight, your energy level, even your mood. It should come as no surprise that what you eat can also affect how you look. If you are looking for a way to make your skin look extra beautiful, here are some yummy foods for you to enjoy.
For healthy skin, try these….
You may not be a big fan of healthy foods, but you are sure to find something you like on this list:
• Omega-3 fatty acids have many health benefits – and keeping skin supple and moisturized is one of them. Try fatty fish like salmon and herring, which also have vitamin E, which protects skin from free-radical damage.
• Avocados also have vitamin E, as well as vitamin C, which is a great reason to indulge in guacamole (as if you needed another reason!). Vitamin C helps to protect the skin from damage caused by the sun and the environment, and it also helps the skin to create collagen, a protein that keeps skin looking young and healthy.
• Tomatoes (another ingredient in guacamole!) are also high in vitamin C and other elements that protect skin.
• Broccoli is high in zinc, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It also has lutein, which can help to protect your skin from dryness, damage, and even wrinkles.
• Soy has isoflavones, which can reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity for younger looking skin.
• If you absolutely hate these foods but love chocolate, there is some good news for you – dark chocolate also has some antioxidant properties, which protect skin from damage and may even help you to have thicker skin that is more hydrated. It is thought that it may even increase blood flow, which brings nutrients to your skin.
What you eat can make a difference – try adding these foods to your everyday diet and see for yourself if your skin takes on a healthy, radiant glow. And give The Skin Center a call if you find that your skin needs a bit of extra help, with a chemical peel or microdermabrasion. Call the office in Pittsburgh, PA, or Columbus, OH, today at (412) 429-1151!