Katherine Castro, APRN
Kather Castor, APRN, Expert injector
Expert Injector Kather Castor, APRN, specializes in Botox, dermal fillers, Coolsculpting, Laser Hair Removal, skincare, and more! Katherine joins us from Florida, bringing a little bit of warmth and sunshine along with her aesthetic expertise to The Skin Center. She combines her passion for medical-grade skincare with the art of injecting to provide her patients with natural-looking, beautiful results.
Book with Katherine at The Skin Center in Wexford, PA!
Joined The Skin Center
- Master of Science: Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing, University of Pittsburgh
- ACLS, BLS, CPR Certified by AHA
- Patient/Family Education and Instruction
- EMR / EHR Clinical Documentation
- Cutera Lasers (laser hair removal, benign pigment removal, vascular lesion removal, picogenseis, laser genesis, and tattoo removal)
- Radio Frequency Microneedling
- Galderma and Allergan Trainings
- Body Sculpting with TruSculpt ID and TruSculpt Flex
Skin Care Tip
Something I feel that many patients aren’t aware of is that you don’t have to use a particular product all over the face. Different products work in different ways, and some may have a mechanism of action that is specific for a certain skin characteristic. For example, glycolic acid is a great exfoliant but using it on all areas of the skin can leave dry skin, even dryer. In patients with breakouts to the T-zone, I recommend using a glycolic acid to this area with lighter moisturizer compared to other areas.
Favorite Med Spa Treatment
Botox! When patients pair this treatment with a tailored skin care regimen it takes their skin to a happier and healthier level!
- The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology
- The International Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Nurses
- Social Media Instructional Videos
My Top 3 Client FAQs
- When should I start Botox?
- What should I be doing to take care of my skin at home?
- Do you look frozen after Botox?
My Favorite Client Transformation Stories
I had a client who was unhappy with her post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation spots after years of suffering with acne. She never had any sort of skincare routine and was overwhelmed with the idea of trying to get her face to a point where she would be happy. Over the next few months we developed a plan of care for in office procedures (including lasers, peels, and facials), coupled with a very manageable at-home skin care routine. In the end her results were dramatic and she was so happy.
My Greatest Challenge
I recently moved to Pittsburgh from Miami, Florida. There are some general differences in patients’ skin in a sunny, tropical environment vs. a colder and drier environment like Pittsburgh. A challenge for me has been becoming an expert in skin care concerns that are common in Pittsburgh, such as dull and tired skin. I am excited to continue learning the most effective ways to get your skin to its healthiest and most vibrant state!
What I Love Most About My Work
Not only am I so thankful to be part of The Skin Center because I have always had a passion for aesthetic medicine, I am so proud to say that I am part of such a positive, hard-working, expert group of women. I love coming in to see my patients and spend the day with my amazing colleagues.