Katherine Castro, APRN
Katherine Castro, NP, Expert Injector specializes in Botox, dermal fillers, CoolSculpting Elite, laser hair removal, skincare, and more. Katherine joins us from Florida, bringing a little bit of warmth and sunshine along with her aesthetic expertise. She combines her passion for at-home skincare with the art of injecting to provide her patients with natural-looking, beautiful results.
Book with Katherine at The Skin Center in Wexford or Shadyside, PA!
Joined The Skin Center
- Master of Science: Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing, University of Pittsburgh
- ACLS, BLS, CPR Certified by AHA
- Patient/Family Education and Instruction
- EMR / EHR Clinical Documentation
- Cutera Lasers (laser hair removal, benign pigment removal, vascular lesion removal, picogenseis, laser genesis, and tattoo removal)
- Radio Frequency Microneedling
- Galderma and Allergan Trainings
- Body Sculpting with TruSculpt ID and TruSculpt Flex
Skin Care Tip
Something I feel that many patients aren’t aware of is that you don’t have to use a particular product all over the face. Different products work in different ways, and some may have a mechanism of action that is specific for a certain skin characteristic. For example, glycolic acid is a great exfoliant but using it on all areas of the skin can leave dry skin, even dryer. In patients with breakouts to the T-zone, I recommend using a glycolic acid to this area with lighter moisturizer compared to other areas.
Favorite Med Spa Treatment
Botox! When patients pair this treatment with a tailored skin care regimen it takes their skin to a happier and healthier level!
- The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology
- The International Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Nurses
- Social Media Instructional Videos
My Top 3 Client FAQs
- When should I start Botox?
- What should I be doing to take care of my skin at home?
- Do you look frozen after Botox?
My Favorite Client Transformation Stories
I had a client who was unhappy with her post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation spots after years of suffering with acne. She never had any sort of skincare routine and was overwhelmed with the idea of trying to get her face to a point where she would be happy. Over the next few months we developed a plan of care for in office procedures (including lasers, peels, and facials), coupled with a very manageable at-home skin care routine. In the end her results were dramatic and she was so happy.
My Greatest Challenge
I recently moved to Pittsburgh from Miami, Florida. There are some general differences in patients’ skin in a sunny, tropical environment vs. a colder and drier environment like Pittsburgh. A challenge for me has been becoming an expert in skin care concerns that are common in Pittsburgh, such as dull and tired skin. I am excited to continue learning the most effective ways to get your skin to its healthiest and most vibrant state!
What I Love Most About My Work
Not only am I so thankful to be part of The Skin Center because I have always had a passion for aesthetic medicine, I am so proud to say that I am part of such a positive, hard-working, expert group of women. I love coming in to see my patients and spend the day with my amazing colleagues.