Available In Pittsburgh, PA or Columbus, OH
What Is Kybella?
Kybella® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment that contours and improves the appearance of the “double chin” caused by unwanted fat (subcutaneous fat).
Benefits Of Kybella Treatment:
- Non-Surgical, Medical Spa Treatment
- Little to No Downtime
- Gradual, Subtle Results
- Injectable Treatment
- Eliminates Double Chin
Treatment with Kybella at The Skin Center is customized to address each patient’s unique aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile. Typically, two to four treatments, approximately one month apart, are needed to achieve the ideal result.
Our very own Dr. Fernando Colon was one of the first board-certified plastic surgeons to be trained on proper Kybella injection techniques making The Skin Center one of the first in the region to offer this new treatment.
Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat (often referred to as a “double chin”).
A double chin can be the result of genetics, weight gain or aging and is generally resistant to diet and exercise. Now you can lose the double chin with Kybella, a non-surgical injectable treatment performed in our med spa.
Kybella contains a non-human, non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected under the chin, the deoxycholic acid breaks down the unwanted fat. Once those fat cells are destroyed, they can no longer continue to accumulate or store fat.
Administered by our expert providers using injections into the fat under the chin, each in-office treatment session typically takes 15-20 minutes. Many patients experience visible results with two to four treatments spaced at least one month apart. Up to a total of six Kybella treatments may be administered. For most patients, downtime following a treatment session with Kybella is minimal.
Once the desired aesthetic outcome from Kybella treatment has been achieved, the need for Kybella re-treatment is not expected, as Kybella causes the lasting destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
Kybella treatment costs vary based on each individual’s treatment needs.
What Are The Possible Side Effects From Kybella?
For most patients, downtime following a treatment session with Kybella is minimal. Most adverse Kybella reactions are mild or moderate and resolve without the need for medical intervention. Common side effects may include: pain, swelling, redness, bruising or numbness at the injection site and formation of small areas of firmness. Your expert injector will offer individual recommendations to reduce the likelihood of side effects.
Are Multiple Kybella Treatments Needed To Achieve The Desired Result?
Treatment with Kybella is customized by providers to address each patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile. While some patients experience results with as little as one treatment, many patients experience visible results with two to four Kybella treatment sessions spaced at least one month apart. Up to a total of six Kybella treatments may be administered.
- Thermage - Performed at The Skin Center Medical Spas in Pittsburgh, Body by Thermage® is a skin tightening treatment that uses patented deep-heating radiofrequency (RF) technology with Comfort Pulsed Technology (CPT) to stimulate existing collagen and promote new collagen growth.
- Ultherapy - Ultherapy® uses diagnostic ultrasound technology to tighten and tone loose, sagging skin for a completely non-invasive and non-surgical skin tightening treatment after just one office visit.
- QuickLift Facelift - The QuickLift® Facelift is a minimally invasive, facelift procedure that gently lifts the mid-to-lower portion of face and tightens the neck and jaw line.
- SMARTLipo Facial Liposuction - SMARTLipo laser liposuction is a minimally-invasive liposuction technology that surgically reduces fat from the face and under the chin while at the same time tightening the skin to define the jawline and slim the upper neck area.
- Smart Laser Lift Facelift - The Smart Laser Lift Facelift is a scarless, minimal-recovery facelift procedure that provides subtle lifting and skin tightening to the lower portion of the face and neck. The result is a natural, more youthful and refreshed appearance.