Available In Pittsburgh, PA or Columbus, OH
What Is Micro Needling?
Micro Needling is fast becoming one of the most sought after collagen induction treatments in town for its ability to build new collagen, improve skin tone and texture and fade scars without surgery or downtime!
Micro Needling Benefits
- Increases new collagen and elastin production
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Fades acne scars, stretch marks and surgical scarring
- Improves skin tone and texture
How Does Micro Needling Work?
The treatment is very similar to the popular Dermapen treatment or derma roller, however the unique “stamping” technique allows the micro needle deeper and more controlled penetration into the dermis.
What Issues Can Micro Needling Treat?
Microneedling is used to treat
- acne scars
- stretch marks
- aging skin
In Pittsburgh, micro needling treatments are performed in our Shadyside, PA, Mt. Lebanon, PA and Wexford, PA med spa locations. In Columbus, the treatments are performed in our Gahanna, OH location.
Micro Needling Procedure
At the Skin Center locations in Columbus and Pittsburgh, to make the experience as comfortable as possible, a topical numbing cream is applied 20 minutes prior to the micro needling treatment. Once the treatment area is numb, the first topical infusion treatment (containing hyaluronic acid to improve skin hydration and/or phyto-boost to treat hyperpigmentation) is applied. Following the infusion treatment, the micro roller, which is a handheld device similar in shape to a pen with very tiny needles at the tip, is administered to increase the penetration of the infusion treatment.Using an automated stamp-like motion, the microneedles penetrate the skin in a very controlled, precise manner; creating very small channels deep into the dermis layer of the skin. Depending on the depth of the microneedle penetration, the treatment may feel like a slight tickling sensation to more of a pinching sensation.
Once the micro-channels are created, the second topical infusion treatment is applied. Additional topical skin treatments, such as antioxidant serums or growth factors, may be applied depending on the individual’s skin condition. It is the unique vertical penetration of the microneedle that creates the ideal pathway for deep penetration and absorption of these nutrient-rich serums and anti-aging skin treatments.
Micro Needling with RF
The Lutronic Genius is an innovative radiofrequency micro needling system that provides dramatic anti-aging results for a smoother, firmer, more refreshed appearance. This revolutionary skincare treatment utilizes gold-plated needles and advanced technology to precisely deliver radiofrequency energy to the proper depths of the skin. Designed for skin rejuvenation and tightening, it is perfect for acne scarring, fine lines, sagging, skin tone and texture. The Genius RF micro needling treatment is available at The Skin Center in Pittsburgh, PA!
Benefits of Genius Micro Needling RF
- Tightens sagging skin
- Improves acne scarring
- Rejuvenates pigmented skin
- Softens fine lines and wrinkles
- Provides a safe and comfortable treatment experience
- Perfect for all skin types and body areas
Micro Needling Recovery
Following the micro needling treatment, the body begins to heal the micro-channels by creating even more new collagen and elastin; resulting in smoother, firmer and more youthful-looking skin. The skin may appear slightly pink, similar to very mild sunburn, for a day or two after the treatment. Additionally the skin may feel slightly dry and tight.
Results Of Micro Needling
Micro Needling Vs. Laser Skin Resurfacing
Can Micro Needling Be Used On People With Darker Skins?
Side Effects Of Micro Needling Treatments
Is Micro Needling Painful?
How Many Micro Needling Treatments Are Needed To See Results?
- Chemical Peels - A Chemical Peel uses a precise chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin, revealing a bright, healthy, more vibrant complexion.
- Microdermabrasion - Microdermabrasion deeply exfoliates the skin and removes the outermost layer of dull, dry skin for a bright, healthy glow.
- Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing - Available in Pittsburgh, Fraxel® Dual 1550\/1927 laser treatment, the latest advancement in fractional technology, is the ideal laser treatment for people with active lifestyles who want to improve skin tone and texture without the downtime or redness associated with other laser skin resurfacing treatments.