Notice of Privacy Practices PDF
Rights and Responsibilities PDF
- the personal information we may collect from you when you visit our Web Site, respond to our emails, place orders via mail or fax, or otherwise contact us via telephone, email, fax or mail,
- why we gather information from you,
- how we collect it,
- how we use it, and
- the choices you have regarding our use of personal information you have provided.
Why do we gather information?
The Skin Center Medical Spa gathers personal information to help improve our products and customer service, to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience and to inform you, and your gift and message recipients, of special offers and discounts from us, our affiliated brands and selected third parties.
What information do we gather?
We collect information through our Web Site, emails, mail, fax, and telephone, including when you:
- place an order,
- participate in our forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions, and membership registrations, and
- engage in other activities, services, products and resources we make accessible to our customers, members or users. Depending on how you are interact with us, we collect some or all of the following types of information:
- your name, address, telephone number, email address,
- billing information (credit/debit card number, expiration date, alternate or additional billing information and billing address),
- gender and birth date, if you choose, or are otherwise required to, enter such information,
- products purchased and occasion type (for example, Mother's Day),
- any promotion or gift card code and related information,
- Message and gift recipients' names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, and
- other information you provide to us, including User Submissions. Information you provide to us may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or otherwise cancelled. Members may also add to their Address Book the name, address and telephone number of friends or other persons to whom they may wish to send gifts or expressions. Only Members have the right to view and edit their Address Book entries.
How we use "Cookies" and "Action Tags"
Our Web Site also uses a common web technology "called "action tags" (also called single pixel gifs or web beacons) to anonymously track purchase, usage and other web activity information.
How we use the information we collect
We use information we collect to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience, to inform you and your gift and message recipients of offers and discounts from The Skin Center Medical Spa and our affiliated brands and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs which you have joined.
Our Affiliates, subcontractors, and agents, and any successors or assignees to our business (if we ever sell, lease, license or assign some or all of our business), are not considered to be third parties under this Policy. However, in connection with information collected under this Policy, they are required to comply with this Policy. "Affiliates" are persons or entities directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by, or under common control with The Skin Center Medical Spa.
Consent to Transfer and Submission
The Skin Center Medical Spa is operated in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Web Site or otherwise providing us with information, you hereby consent to this transfer.
Links to Other Web Sites
Security and Passwords
Portions of the Web Site may require registration and log-in processes in which you will select a user ID and password (collectively, the "Password"). Passwords provided to you by us are the confidential property of the Company and may be used by you solely for your individual use of the Web Site (and otherwise as specified by us). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
How to Limit the Use of Personal Information
We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to have personal information collected from you via the Web Site, emails, mail, fax, and telephone shared with third parties, or to set your preferences concerning promotional communications, please follow the directions below.
From Third Parties
We do not share emails addresses you provide with third parties without your consent. In addition, if you prefer that other personal information provided by you not be shared with third parties, please let us know by emailing, writing or calling us as described below. Your instructions will be processed as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with law.
Emailing us at: email@example.com from the email address which you wish to have removed (i.e. not shared with third parties), and include your postal mailing address in the message; or
(Please, include or tell us your mailing address, and if you have a catalog, brochure or other mailing label from us, please include it with your request or have it ready when you call).
From our Affiliates
If you also prefer not to have us provide personal information about you to our Affiliates, please indicate in your email or letter that you wish your instructions to apply to our "Affiliates."
From The Skin Center Medical Spa
If you also prefer that we not use the personal information you have provided to contact you or your message or gift recipients for our own marketing and promotional purposes, please indicate in your email or letter that you wish your instructions to apply to " The Skin Center Medical Spa.” These instructions, however, do not apply to non-promotional transactional messages from us.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Skin Center Medical Spa; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Your Consent and Changes to this Policy