Ultherapy Pre/Post Instructions
- Discontinue use of tretinoin (Retin A), glycolic acid, and salicylic acid 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure prior to your treatment.
- Avoid over the counter aspirin products and fish oil supplements 1 week prior to treatment. Discuss blood thinning medications with your treatment provider prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, take Valtrex 500mg, twice a day beginning the day before your treatment.
- If you have had other skin rejuvenation or injectable procedures in the past month, please discuss with your treatment provider. Procedures need to have adequate time spacing between them to avoid complications.
- Patients may experience mild swelling and/or welting for 1-2 days after treatment. Please keep this in mind for planning purposes.
- Active skin infection and active cystic acne are contraindications to Ultherapy. If either occur prior to treatment, please call the office to reschedule your appointment.
- Following Ultherapy, your skin may appear pink or slightly swollen in select areas, which may last a few hours.
- Welting and swelling are possible. Most welting and swelling should subside in 1-2 days.
- Mild bruising occasionally occurs with the procedure and will resolve naturally.
- You may experience tenderness and numbness particularly along the jawline following treatment. This typically resolves within 1-2 weeks.
- On occasion, you may experience a tingling spark type sensation particularly on the brow bone and scalp areas. This is temporary and will resolve soon. Please call us at 1-800-429-1151 with any concerns.
- If we have prescribed Valtrex for you, please finish the entire course as directed.
- Please discuss plans for upcoming skin or injectable treatments with your treatment provider to ensure adequate spacing.
- You may resume your normal activities 24 hours after the procedure pending skin is free of irritation, redness, welting, and swelling.
- You may resume use of Tretinoin, Retin A, glycolic Acid, and Salicylic acid 7 days following treatment pending skin is free of irritation, redness, welting, and swelling.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7 days and always use SPF 30 or higher when outdoors.
- Please call the office if you experience blistering, crusting, oozing, scabbing, or prolonged swelling following your treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, call The Skin Center at 1-800-429-1151