Injectable Filler Pre/Post Instructions
If you are able to do so, please come into your appointment with a clean face, free of make-up.
Notify your provider if:
- You have had immunizations, a dental procedure, medical procedure, illness, or infection in the prior two weeks.
- You are prone to cold sores.
- You have severe allergies.
- You had an adverse event with previous injectable filler treatments.
- You have any vacations or special events planned within the two weeks following your treatment.
- There are medications and supplements that increase your risk of bruising. Do not stop prescribed medications without discussing this with your ordering physician.
- You should avoid these supplements seven days prior to your treatment:
- Fish oil
- NSAIDs (Advil, Motrin)
- Kava kava
- All Herbs
- Vitamin E
- Wheat germ
- White willow
- St John’s wart
- Do not schedule a dental or medical procedure for 2 weeks.
- Do not schedule a cosmetic procedure that breaks the skin barrier for 6-8 weeks.
- Avoid touching or massaging the treated areas.
- Avoid exercise for 24-48 hours.
- Do not apply make-up for 24 hours.
- Sleep with your head elevated to minimize swelling.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold exposure for 48 hours.
- Treat skin gently, no scrubbing or mechanical exfoliation for 48 hours.
- It is common to have bruising, tenderness and swelling after a treatment.
- Call the office immediately if you have unusual pain, swelling or discoloration at 1-800-429-1151.
If you have any questions or concerns, call The Skin Center at 1-800-429-1151.