There are a few ways we can choose to go through life. One is to go with the flow and respond to what comes. Another approach, one that has become more popular in recent years, is to go through life with a sense of intention. To be intentional means to do what you do with purpose. To do this, though, it helps to know why you would want to purposefully do a particular thing a particular way. We’re going to narrow this concept down to your skin.
Why Intention Counts
It is no secret that we like to feel good about how we look. This is not a new trend at all; humans have been at this beauty thing for centuries. Today, we’ve got all sorts of ways to correct problematic conditions like fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, and more. Having a myriad of solutions is a wonderful thing, don’t get us wrong, but let’s also remember that prevention is the best medicine. Whatever your current age and situation, you can become intentional with your skin. We recommend this because purposeful skin care can slow your future aging process and protect you from unhealthy dermatologic conditions.
What Intentional Beauty Looks Like
As we age, we don’t sustain the same appearance. That is unless we explicitly set out to do so. We could point out several examples of intentional beauty. Christie Brinkley is one of many. So, we know what intentional beauty looks like on a person, but what does it look like in terms of practice? The answer is that intentional beauty looks however you need it to.
The good news about being intentional with your skin as you age is that your regimen will always be unique to you. Some of the common options for aging gracefully include:
- Feed your skin with whole, healthy foods and supplements to support cellular function.
- Use medical-grade skincare products like SkinMedica for deeper nourishment and correction.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles with injectables like Botox and Juvéderm.
- Maintain your skin with periodic micro needling, microdermabrasion, and professional facials.
- Obtain deeper correction as needed with laser and light treatments that reverse sun damage and tighten collagen-deprived tissues.
The Skin Center has been established with the goal of providing productive services in a friendly environment. Contact our Columbus, OH office or one of our conveniently located Pennsylvania offices to schedule your visit.