Available In Pittsburgh, PA or Columbus, OH
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover body contouring is designed to restore and reshape a woman’s figure after childbirth. Just as every pregnancy differs from one mother-to-be to another, every mommy makeover is different as well. Each mommy makeover is customized to address specific post-pregnancy problem areas.*
A mommy makeover can:
- Tighten loose skin on the abdomen and restore muscle tone to the abdominal wall
- Enhance the size and shape of sagging, deflated breasts
- Contour and re-define the hips and thighs
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks
In Pittsburgh, Mommy Makeover surgery is performed by a board-certified cosmetic surgeon, Dominic Brandy, MD.
In Columbus, Ohio, the surgery is performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon, Fernando Colon, MD.
What Plastic Surgeries Are In A Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers often include one or more surgical procedures and non-invasive body contouring procedures to help restore a woman’s body to a more youthful, natural shape — giving Mom back the self-confidence she deserves.
A mommy makeover may include one or more of the following cosmetic plastic surgery procedures:
Non-Invasive Mommy Makeover Treatments
For some mothers, cosmetic surgery may not be an option. Available in Pittsburgh, non-invasive Mommy Makeover treatments are available that can improve the appearance of some common pregnancy-related conditions such as stretch marks, mild skin sagging, varicose veins and spider veins, and the accumulation of cellulite.
Non-invasive body contouring treatments include:
- Thermage™ Skin Tightening for the body
- Fraxel® Stretch Mark Reduction
- Spider Vein andVaricose Vein Removal
Available in Columbus, Mommy Makeover treatments include spider vein and varicose vein removal.
Mommy Makeover Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Post-Operative Care
Mommy makeover post-operative care will depend on the type of procedures performed. The post-operative recovery will vary from breast surgery procedures, liposuction, SmartLipo laser liposuction, and tummy tuck. No matter which type of surgery is performed, the surgical area will typically be swollen and sore with slight bruising for the first few days and possibly a week or longer. Pain medication and bed rest are prescribed for five to seven days following body-contouring procedures. After this time, patients may feel well enough to resume work and light daily activities.
Compression garments are usually prescribed for body contouring procedures and may need to be worn for two to three weeks following cosmetic plastic surgery to keep bruising and swelling to a minimum. In addition, heavy lifting and exercise should be avoided for up to four weeks.
Most mommy makeover patients are thrilled with the results. However, the healing process will continue for three to six months before the final result is seen.*
What If I Have Another Child After Mommy Makeover?
Women considering a mommy makeover should be certain they are finished having children. Although it is not ideal, it is fine to have children following the surgery, however, the results from the surgery may be altered after giving birth. New stretching of the skin and abdominal muscle laxity may occur, the size of the breasts may change and new pockets of fat may appear. If necessary, another mommy makeover surgery could be performed.
How Long Do The Results From A Mommy Makeover Last?
The results from a mommy makeover are long-lasting, given that a healthy weight is maintained and there are no additional pregnancies.
How Much Does A Mommy Makeover Cost?
The cost of mommy makeover surgery will be determined during a private surgical consultation because each surgery is uniquely different. For example, one woman may be interested in a tummy tuck and breast lift, while another woman may benefit from liposuction surgery and breast implants.
Are There Risks Associated With Cosmetic Surgery Procedures?
Men and women of all ages choose cosmetic surgery for a number of reasons and the process of deciding to have elective cosmetic plastic surgery is highly individualized and very personal. This decision can offer lasting improvement not only to an individual’s physical appearance but also to his or her self-confidence and self-esteem. However, choosing to have any type of elective surgery, including cosmetic surgery, is not without risk and potential complications.
- Thermage: Performed at The Skin Center Medical Spas in Pittsburgh, Body by Thermage® is a skin tightening treatment that uses patented deep-heating radiofrequency (RF) technology with Comfort Pulsed Technology (CPT) to stimulate existing collagen and promote new collagen growth.
- Fraxel Laser Skin Resurfacing: Available in Pittsburgh, Fraxel® Dual 1550\/1927 laser treatment, the latest advancement in fractional technology, is the ideal laser treatment for people with active lifestyles who want to improve skin tone and texture without the downtime or redness associated with other laser skin resurfacing treatments.
- EVLT for Varicose Veins: Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) has made the painful vein stripping surgeries, often performed in a hospital setting, a procedure of the past.
- Sclerotherapy Spider Vein Treatment: Sclerotherapy Spider Vein Treatment is the oldest, yet most common, treatment for spider veins and reticular veins.