ThermiVA Pre/Post Instructions
- It is recommended to have a normal physical and pap smear within 2 years.
- If you have frequent urinary tract infections, it may be required by your provider to complete a urinalysis prior to the procedure.
- Let your physician/provider know if you are prone to herpes outbreaks, as your provider may want to prescribe an antiviral prior to the treatment.
- Inform your physician/provider of any vaginal surgery or if you have been told you have any vaginal prolapse.
- A negative pregnancy test may be required for women of childbearing age.
- Increase hydration one day prior to treatment. Drink an extra 4-6 glasses of water.
- Shower within 2 – 3 hours before the treatment.
- Empty bladder immediately before treatment and use a wipe to clean the area.
- MUST clip short the external treatment area (see diagram)
- MUST shave the external treatment area (see diagram) at least one day prior to the procedure (Waxing or laser hair removal 5-7 days prior to avoid further irritation).
- Schedule your procedure when you are NOT menstruating.
- Cardiac devices such as AICD’s (auxiliary internal cardiac devices), defibrillators, mechanical valves, pacemakers, or any device that is affected by RF energy.
- Active sexually transmitted disease
- Current urinary tract infection
- Greater than a stage 2 pelvic organ prolapse
- Recent vaginal surgery or fillers may require an alternative treatment
- Space treatments approximately one month apart. A series of 3 treatments recommended.
POST – THERMIVA INSTRUCTIONS
WHAT TO EXPECT
- If treated externally, skin may be slightly pink to red, swollen and warm to the touch for approximately one-hour post procedure
- Possibility of mild cramping, which should resolve in 24 hours
- Light spotting may occur immediately post procedure
- Resume normal physical and sexual activity, unless otherwise directed by your provider
- No restrictions on showering
- No restrictions on bathing, swimming or hot tubs (exception: if spotting or mild bleeding wait one day)
CALL THE OFFICE IMMEDIATELY AT 412-429-1151 IF YOU EXPERIENCE
- Bleeding lasting longer than 24 hours
- Pain uncontrolled by over the counter medication
- Cramping lasting longer than 24 hours
- Fever higher than 101 degrees
FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENT
- One month after each treatment
If you have any questions or concerns, call The Skin Center at 1-800-429-1151.